Welcome to the last day of college basketball this season at Sac State. Sure, both the men’s and women’s basketball teams could make the Big Sky Conference tournaments – their chances hang by a thread – but today the men and women will play a doubleheader which will be their last home games of the season. It was a fun season, but there’s a lot of hope was dashed after great starts. With that in mind, let’s dive into some links:
Today’s video features highlights from the Portland State-Sac State game in Portland earlier this month:
In basketball-related Hornets news:
* SacStateSports.com’s Bryan Metcalf previewed the game in today’s capsule.
* Here’s the Sports Network’s preview of the game.
* Here’s the men’s game press release from Sacramento State.
* The Idaho State Journal reported that if the Idaho State women beat Sac State at 5 p.m. today, they will clinch the top see in the Big Sky tourney.
* Here’s the women’s weekend preview of their two games.
* Here’s this week’s Big Sky men’s basketball notes.
In other Hornets-related sports news:
* Sacramento State announced that the football team has signed two more players, including a kicker from New Jersey.
* The State Hornet had an excellent read on how Sacramento high school coaches and athletic directors are disappointed that more of their athletes aren’t recruited by Sac State.
* On a related matter, Sacramento State announced that the women’s soccer team has signed eight players to letters of intent, including two local players.
* The Sacramento Bee wrote how the softball team’s rally fell short against San Jose State.
* It always comes back to Oregon State: Ryan Katz, the Beavers quarterback who was benched during the loss to Sac State, has transferred to San Diego State, according to U-T San Diego.