Would you believe two consecutive victories for the men’s basketball team? That hasn’t happened since November. Heck, that was a semester ago. With in mind, it’s time for some breakfast links:
As for today’s video, before we get too far from national signing day, let’s take another look at the freshman quarterback that Sac State signed, Nolan Sorensen. He has a pretty impressive arm:
In Hornets-related basketball news:
* SacStateSports’ Bryan Metcalf noted that the Hornets are still in contention for the Big Sky Tournament after winning at Northern Colorado on Thursday.
* Here’s the Associated Press recap of that game.
* Eastern Washington, Sac State’s next opponent, defeated NAU last night.
* Here’s Sacramento State’s report on the victory.
* According to a tweet on NorCalbasketball.com, the Hornets are interested in a shooting guard in Phoenix.
* And Sacramento State had the news on it’s women’s team losing to Northern Colorado on Thursday night at home.
In other Hornets-related sports news:
* The Salt Lake Tribune reported that the Sac State softball team was picked to finish third in the Coastal Division in its last season in Pacific Coast Softball Conference. The team moves to the Big Sky next season as the league adds softball.
* The Marin Independent-Journal caught up with Hornets signee Nick Kristofors.
* We’re a little late with it, but here’s The State Hornets recap of football signing day.
* Here’s the official Big Sky recruiting list for all league schools.
* They haven’t given up at North Dakota. The Grand Forks Herald reported a petition drive is close to having the needed signatures to a have a vote on the
Fighting Sioux nickname.